New Year’s Resolutions For Your Car
While the typical vehicle lasts 11.5 years, your car will likely only reach this lifespan with regular car maintenance. So start off the new year by following our tips below.
Top Auto Maintenance and Service Tips for the New Year
Below, we’ve noted what checks to get at different times in your vehicle’s lifespan.
- Every month:
- Tire pressure check: Regular tire pressure checks can help ensure you get the most of your tire’s lifespan. Proper tire pressure can help your vehicle’s fuel efficiency, even tire tread, and more.
- Every 3 months or 3,000 miles:
- Oil: The time period of oil changes can vary greatly depending on the vehicle model and your driving habits. To be on the safe side, you’ll want to get it checked out at this time.
- Wipers and wiper fluid: Get your wiper fluid topped off when you’re getting your oil changed. You’ll also want to make sure your wipers are working properly.
- Every 6 months or 6,000-8,000 miles:
- Tires: You’ll want to rotate your tires regularly at this time. And keep your eye on if your tires may need to be replaced. Usually they’ll need to be replaced in 6-10 years.
- Car battery: Get your battery tested at least twice a year. Every 3 years, you’ll want to see if your battery needs to be replaced.
- Every 100,000 miles:
- All of the maintenance checks above
- Transmission fluid
- Power steering fluid
- Brake fluid
- Brakes and hoses
Car Shopping and Service in North Palm Beach, FL
The expert technicians at Schumacher Volkswagen of North Palm Beach can help you with all your auto maintenance and repair needs. Check out our Volkswagen service specials, and schedule your Volkswagen service today.
To start your new year with an upgrade instead? Shop our new Volkswagen cars for sale. You’ll also want to browse our selection of quality pre-owned vehicles — you’ll see why we’re the premier used car dealership in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
Read our additional auto service resources below: